Robert is a co-founder of Great Jakes and responsible for ensuring that Great Jakes consistently exceeds the expectations of its clients. He personally attends to each client engagement and is especially active during the project’s discovery and strategy phases, to help ensure that each client’s vision is realized.
Years of experience working with law firms led Robert and his business partner, Dion Algeri, to introduce the “attorney microsite”— a new paradigm for law firm websites that has garnered a tremendous amount of attention. Its premise is simple: no two attorneys are the same. Small, highly customizable websites for each that fit seamlessly within the firm’s larger website allow attorneys to customize their message and better distinguish themselves in the eyes of potential clients.
In addition to his responsibilities at Great Jakes, Robert is an active member of the legal marketing community, having held numerous board and committee positions in the Legal Marketing Association over the years. Most recently, he served as co-chair and judge of the LMA Your Honor Awards committee.
Robert is also an accomplished writer, and his ideas about the future of the law firm website can be found at the Great Jakes Blog. He has also authored multiple articles for publications like LMA’s Strategies Magazine, ALM’s Marketing the Law Firm and the National Law Journal.
He has also been invited to speak about his unique views on the direction of legal marketing and websites. Recent engagements include:
- Legal Marketing Association (LMA) International Conference – April 2019
- Thomson Reuters, Marketing Partner Forum – January 2019
- LMA International Conference – April 2018
- Thomson Reuters, Marketing Partner Forum – January 2018
- LMA Tech Conference Mid-West -- September 2017
- ALFA International, Webinar – April 2017
- Legal Marketing Association, National Conference – March 2017
- LMA Tech Conference, San Francisco – October 2016
- ALFA International, Webinar – September 2016
- Business Development Institute – August 2016
- LMA Philadelphia Conference -- July 2016
- LMASE, Birmingham -- July 2016
- LMA Tech Conference Mid-West; Pre-Conference Webinar -- June 2016
- LMASE, Atlanta -- May, 2016
- LMA Northeast, Boston -- November 2015
- LMA Tech Conference, San Francisco -- October 2015
- LMA Southeast, Atlanta -- September 2015
- LMA Virginias, Richmond -- March 2015
- Dan Toombs' Fast Firms, "What makes a Great Law Firm Website" -- February 2015
- Above the Law "Inside the Rapidly Evolving World Of Law Firm Websites" November 2014
- LMA Technology Conference - West -- October 16th, 2014
- LMA Southwest, Phoenix – February 21, 2014
- New York Legal Marketing Association – January 16, 2014
- Legal Marketing Association Think Tank, Acceler8 Webinar Series: Key Trends for 2014 – November, 2013
- Legal Marketing Technology Conference, San Francisco – October 29, 2013
- LMANE, Boston – October 17, 2013
- LMA Midwest, St. Louis – October 2, 2013
- LMA-LA Continuing Marketing Education Conference: Big Ideas Brought to Life – September 25, 2013
- Hildebrandt Social Media for Law Firms Conference – September 19, 2013
- LMA Social Media SIG webinar – May 15, 2013
- Legal Marketing Association, National Conference – April 9, 2013
During the International LMA Conference in 2013, he presented on the subject of “responsive design.” An article he wrote on the topic can be found here: Strategies, April 2013. Robert also co-authored two articles that appeared on the Legal Marketing Assocation's, Strategies+ Blog in October 2016: Website Trends That You Need to Know About, and Website Trends to Avoid.
- Co-Chair, LMA International "Your Honor Awards": 2016/2017
- Judge, LMA International "Your Honor Awards": 2015/2016
- Member, LMA International Technology Committee: 2011-2015
- Co-Chair, LMA International Technology Committee: 2011-2013
- Board of Directors, LMA New York Chapter: 2008, 2012
- Co-Chair, LMA New York Chapter Technology Committee: 2010-2011
New business inquires can be directed to Robert at [email protected].